[geocentrism] axis

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocentrism list" <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 18:32:32 +1000

Paul, an axis is the geometric line around which a body , or a vector, or a
magnetic field, anything!  rotates. A body or mass may naturally prefer to
rotate around an axis that is in line with its centre of gravity.  But such
does not define the meaning of an axis.  An axis is a geometric term around
which a rotation can occur. An out of balance rotation is common.  And rotation
is indeed a progressive radial orientation to this axis.

In simple terms it means a radian progressing through 360 degrees around a
central axis. I must agree that "orientation" can refer to a radian vectors
direction from a centre .

Allen, you will never find me having said anything contradicting  your
definition anywhere. You let your obstropolism blind you to the perfection of
my theoretical applications of this principle..