[geocentrism] Re: What went wrong to cause it.

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 05:42:32 +0000 (GMT)

Peter C
As I understand it, the Romans crucified people by attaching the condemned to a
cross beam which was then placed on top of a pole. That was all that was
needed, and it cost less. If they wanted the condemned to linger, a seat and/or
footrest was sometimes provided.
When Jesus was crucified, Pilate "... wrote a title and put it on the cross ...
"
19:19 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was
JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.
19:20 This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was
crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and
Latin.
19:21 Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of
the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews.
19:22 Pilate answered, What I have written I have written.
 (King James Bible, John)
Today this is given as INRI -- the Latin initialism for
IESVS·NAZARENVS·REX·IVDÆORVM (Jesus Nazarenus, rex Judæorum). It was written on
a board and nailed to the crossbeam above Jesus' head giving rise to the
erroneous notion that He was hung on a 'cross'.
Paul D