[geocentrism] Very dangerous times indeed

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:53:31 +0100 (BST)

Dear All,

I was sent the following and feel that I should share it with you. Please read
it.

 From the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem
SPECIAL ICEJ RELEASE ON DISENGAGEMENT
[]           FOR RELEASE - 21 JULY 2005

      FOR ZION'S SAKE WE WILL
              NOT KEEP SILENT

1  "For behold, in those days and at that time,
          When I bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem,

2  I will also gather all nations,
           And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat;
           And I will enter into judgment with them there
           On account of My people, My heritage Israel,
           Whom they have scattered among the nations;
           They have also divided up My land.

3  They have cast lots for My people,
           Have given a boy as payment for a harlot,
           And sold a girl for wine, that they may drink.

Joel
3:1-3 (NKJV)

      The Bible is clear about the fact that those nations that divide the Land
of Israel will incur the disfavour of God. So, the conflict now unfolding in
Gaza has serious implications for all the world. The Land of Canaan belongs to
God! He has bequeathed it to the Jewish people as an
everlasting possession as part of His plan for world redemption. To meddle with
that which God has given is a grave oversight. The nations must be warned and
even though they happily discount the reality of the God of Heaven, they will
soon hear from Him and are!

      On the other hand, the prophets have always spoken to Israel about her
spiritual condition. Her departure from serving the God of her forefathers has
always led to judgment, anguish and trouble within her borders. In addition the
God of the Bible has always warned Israel about making alliances with foreign
nations that in the end bring her to a place of compromise and land forfeiture.
Israel is called upon to trust God fully.

      The present drama unfolding in Gaza is therefore complex and cannot be
reduced to simplistic deductions. As an organization that has a proven track
record of standing with Israel, we do speak out today in the following way:

      (1) We are convinced that Israel is placing herself in grave and serious
danger by the "Gaza pullout". We are not persuaded at all of the peaceful
intentions of the Palestinian people. On the ground in Gaza, where the majority
influence is Hamas, they unashamedly declare their desire to remove the Jews
from what they call "Muslim soil". They will most
definitely continue their violent struggle from their new vantage point after
disengagement. We fear that Kassam missiles will soon rain down on Ashdod and
Ashkelon.

      (2) We affirm that all nations participating in the present process to
divide the land will eventually fall into the hands of the Living God. He has
not changed and those nations like Assyria, Babylon and Rome that engaged in
"this business" are now extinct. Why should it be different in the future?

      (3) We lovingly call upon Israel to call for a Day of Humility and
Repentance. The God of the Bible has always responded to your cry and will do
so now. We will never tell you what to do because we respect your democracy but
we feel that we must urge you to cast yourselves upon the God who has borne you
on "Eagles' wings" for centuries. He will not fail you now. He will hear your
cry when you call upon Him with all your heart (2 Chronicles 7:14).

       (4) We urge the Church to come to a place of urgent and persistent
prayer. Israel is in real danger. The avalanche of anti-Semitism and
anti-Israelism in the world is alarming. Now is the time to rise up and pray.
Pray for Israel's leaders, pray for wisdom, pray for deliverance
and pray for Israel's redemption. Please note that we have often stated that to
pray for Israel without reference to her spiritual condition is to disconnect
yourself from the purpose of God. God is dealing with Israel and in the end He
will have His way with her.

       (5) We urge Christians everywhere to reject all forms of anti-Semitism
and to pray for the Jewish communities of Gaza. These precious people were
encouraged to settle in the region by a government that is now determined to
remove them. Whatever the debate may be in
Israel about this, the undeniable fact is that we are looking at a very real
human tragedy. Men, women and children are being uprooted from their homes and
familiar surroundings with very painful and traumatic consequences. They need
our prayers and comfort.

       The International Christian Embassy Jerusalem is fully committed to the
above position and always has been. We urge all our supporters to act now and
help us fulfill our calling to be a light of love and comfort to Israel.

Malcolm Hedding
Executive Director
International Christian Embassy Jerusalem