[geocentrism] Re: Vale

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 07:27:02 -0800

Paul,

No one has picked up on this posting of yours, perhaps for the same reason that I did not at first, namely the fact that I did not know how to respond to it.

Since we have lightly touched upon creation/evolution recently, I thought it appropriate to make a comment which encompasses several ideas being thrown in right now.

Firstly, I have to disagree with Philip's position that creationism is unscientific because we finally reach a stage when the answer becomes, "God did it."

Secondly, one of the starkest differences between evolution and creation is in the value of death itself. Death is the 'friend' of evolution, because 'natural selection' makes no headway without it, but it is one of the two main enemies of creation, since it destroys that which was created.

Hence, thirdly, I would say that your comment about this lady's death being a greater loss than someone who has achieved much less tends to place you in the evolution camp, because if she really has achieved worthwhile things, then she is not dead at all, but alive in spirit.

Just my thoughts, for your consideration, and for the courtesy of acknowledging your mail.

Neville
www.GeocentricUniverse.com