[geocentrism] Re: Two spin axes of Earth?

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:11:02 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: art@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:46:17 +1100

The problem, I think, is this conceptual wheel that has been introduced.

1) If the Earth's daily rotation axis is fixed relative to the wheel, that is,
it rotates with the wheel, then you have two spin axis; the equatorial for
the daily rotation, and the ecliptic for the yearly rotation around the Sun.
This is the (fabricated) model shown in my (corrected) Fig. 3:
//www.freelists.org/archives/geocentrism/11-2007/gif7TS8f7TEuE.gif
(direct link to the figure).
This corresponds to a yearly precession of the daily rotation axis,
which would have to be induced by a huge torque which there is no source
for - and, of course, observations contradict this scenario.

Regner, what you are suggesting here is that we take an empty cotton reel and we nail it to the rim of a cartwheel. Then, as the cartwheel is rotated around its axel, the orientation of the nail in space constantly changes.

This is not what anyone here has offered, as far as I'm aware.

However, if you can see that we would in this case have two rotation axes, then why do you deny it for the case when the nail simply does not precess?

3D Earth Screensaver Preview
Free 3D Earth Screensaver
Watch the Earth right on your desktop! Check it out at www.inbox.com/earth