[geocentrism] Re: Two spin axes of Earth?

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:40:37 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: art@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 01:47:09 +1100

Now, this is the important part - I am capitalizing it, so it doesn't get
lost in this long post.
I JUST SHOWED THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE SPIN AXIS (ROTATION = SPIN).
THE AXIS OF THE DAILY ROTATION. THIS AXIS POINTS TO THE EQUATORIAL NORTH
AND SOUTH POLES.
THE ORBIT AROUND THE SUN IS A TRANSLATIONAL MOVEMENT.
TRANSLATIONAL AND ROTATIONAL MOVEMENTS ARE FUNDAMENTALLY DIFFERENT.
THERE IS NO WAY OF HAVING A TRANSLATIONAL MOVEMENT BEHAVE/SEEM/LOOK LIKE
A ROTATIONAL MOVEMENT.
THERE IS NO ROTATION AROUND THE ECLIPTIC AXIS.

Regner,

I have attached a diagram which I drew to illustrate what you are referring to (Camera movement 1 negative.gif). A representation of a camera, together with its optic axis, is duplicated on a small circle, which is itself positioned on a large circle. Please take a look at this and tell me whether I am depicting solar time increments or sidereal time increments.