[geocentrism] Re: Trinity

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:25:10 +1000

Neville to answer your point of issue, one would need for you to take all the
points of scripture that Jack presented and use wisdom (which is different from
reason) to comprehend .. for example,

[Does Christ not pray that you and I (and Jack and ... ) may be one? Just as he
and his God are one?]

You inserted the words "Just as.."  which Jesus did not say, to make your
correlation. In the first instance you cannot deny He could have meant we are
to be one in faith..  Whereas in the other text below, He insists on a
trinitarian view.  7 And there are Three who give testimony in heaven, the
Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost. And these three are one.

Using your philosophy, one of the statements appears to be a contradiction, and
as such you call it a lie..  One of them has to be a lie, except in truth it is
our understanding that is faulty..

Christ was not a spirit when he said this, but was flesh and blood. and Divine.
 Those who condemned Him believed he claimed to be God.
63 But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest said to him: I adjure thee by
the living God, that thou tell us if thou be the Christ the Son of God. 64
Jesus saith to him: Thou hast said it. Nevertheless I say to you, hereafter you
shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of the power of God and
coming in the clouds of heaven.    Son of Man, incarnate of the flesh by Mary,
and the Holy Ghost . and the WORD  BECAME FLESH. 65 Then the high priest rent
his garments, saying: He hath blasphemed: What further need have we of
witnesses? Behold, now you have heard the blasphemy.

34 And Mary said to the angel: How shall this be done, because I know not man?

35 And the angel answering, said to her: The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee
and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee. And therefore also the
Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Neville, Scripture can be made to fit what ever the mind of man desires it to
do. If you decide to believe with the High Priest that He was a blasphemer,
then you will find your justification in scripture easily enough, especially if
you discount St. Paul, and heaps of the OT.