[geocentrism] Re: Translational motion

  • From: Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:33:50 +1100

There is a lot of traffic in this forum, and I physically can't keep up.
I apologize for that...

> then why is
> there only one rotation axis when the nail is orientated so as to always
> point at Polaris, say?

Because there is only one rotational movement involved.

Separate the two motions:
1) The orbit around the Sun: Orbit around the Sun and keep the North/South
   poles oriented the same way with respect to your "lab" all the time.
   This is the translational motion.
2) The daily rotation of Earth: Spin the Earth on its axis, once a day.
   This is the rotational motion.
Combine the two and you have your HC model of the Earth's motions.

ad 1) It is tempting to move the Earth along the orbit as a bead on a
      wire, which results in one rotation around the ecliptic axis.
      That would also cause the Earth's rotational axis to rotate once
      around the ecliptic axis during a year. This is not part of HC,
      neither is it observed (the latter we all agree on).
      This bead-on-a-wire is what both you and Allen are describing.

    Regards,

       Regner