[geocentrism] Re: Three days and three nights

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 23:56:49 +0100 (BST)

Allen,

I disagree with quite a lot of your statement.

For example, you state that "the legitimate governments ... are appointed by
God himself." They are tolerated by God, but I certainly do not accept that
they are appointed by Him. My questioning the moral justification of government
is certainly not what Peter is saying with his "despise government" comment. I
obey the law of the land, any land that I am in, but it does not mean that I do
not question the corruption around me.

I think understanding this calendar business is not only essential to
geocentrism, because of its impact or otherwise on the movement of the heavenly
bodies, but is primarily essential because it is very clear that God detests
His people keeping pagan dates and festivals, rather than those that He
appointed.

Hours, minutes and seconds are totally arbitrary divisions of a mean solar day.
We could use a decimal system to divide up the msd if we so chose. The fact is
that years, months and days are specified by God.
I agree that everything should be based on the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures, but
I disagree that we should just lie down and ignore what we are all taught as
being either fact or irrelevant.

I do, however, look forward to reviewing your material.

Neville.

Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This article like many if not most of articles written about the Jewish
calendar make some valid and interesting points. But at the end of the day
there is no absolute way of knowing all the different methodologies for
accounting of the calendars through all the ages. Scripture gives us
indications is does not specify every detailed. This is important because those
who criticize the Gregorian calendar do so presumptuously, with out the ability
to validate or prove anything! You will se what I mean in detail when you
receive the Biblical chronology I sent you. But for now let me just say the
following. God does and has always controlled the calendar(s) as well as the
prophesies that were fulfilled which we know to be true because they were
fulfilled exactly they way that they were prophesized. Yes, there are Chinese
and Muslim calendars but those calendars don?t dominate the world to the extent
that the calendar that is predominately used does, namely the Gregorian. If the
cal
endar
was off by more than 11 months scripture for us would have little meaning in
terms of those prophesies, because there would be no absolute way to validate
anything and scripture does not go into that kind of detailed.. People seem to
forget that that calendar was commissioned and approved by the legitimate
governments which are appointed by God himself. Second they assume that God had
nothing to do with ensuring and or preserving for us a calendar that would
allow us to understand the sequence of events outlined in the text. Notice the
text except for only a few places always gives us benchmarks based on years not
days or hours or minuets. That provides a margin of error in which today?s
calendar could very easily fall within so as to provide us with a coherent
understanding of scripture and prophesy. There is absolutely no proof or even a
way to prove that the current calendar is totally off or outside that margin of
error. Further, in my opinion that does not even make any
sence.
Particularly when I can use the current calendar and show from scripture that
all the benchmarks line up exactly where you would expect them. The problem is
with those who. 2 Peter 10?? and despise government. Presumptuous are they,
selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

???. 12. But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed,
speak evil of the things that they understand not; ????. They attack the
Gregorian Calendar based on the assumption that those people who did it were
somehow evil or unrighteous and unreliable; when in fact, they have absolutely
no proof! Even a righteous man is susceptible to the same degree of error. My
faith is not in those men, drunk or otherwise. If so I have challenged them to
produce proof. And if they could produce proof they should be able to rectify
all the "problems" associated with it so that we will have the "correct
calendar". Every single attempt has only caused more confusion! It has added
absolutely no clarity whatsoever. Jesus was born in 2BC no?4BC no ?. 6BC no?..
I assert that none of these people have a clue about what they are talking
about! I can show from scripture, with the calendar we have, that God has
preserved us understanding and proof! I studied it for years too?.and no
, I do
not, nor have I ever, belong to that religious congregation either.

I think my point will be a lot clearer when you review what I sent. I am happy
to send it to anyone else who wants it wherever you are in the world. But the
reason people don?t understand these things is because they refuse to accept
the plain text. Everyone is looking for some "deeper understanding" some
"richer meaning" then what God has stated simply and plainly. People are always
adding some idea or something new to the plain text, as a result they will
never understand! People are looking for things they will never find when it
comes to Biblical chronology/ prophecy and understanding our relationship to
it. Yes, even the Gregorian calendar.

This is exactly what the Lord meant when he told Daniel 12:10. Many shall be
purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none
of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Plain text will demonstrate, describe and validate more accurately than
anything or anyone else, but only to those who can accept it.

As Jesus said ?. Mathew 11:14. "And if you are willing to receive it, he is
Elijah who is to come.

And again??.1Chorinthians 4:6?? that you may learn in us not to think beyond
what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the
other.

So many people puff themselves up as some great teacher, with some unlighted
understanding. EVERYTHING is in the text itself.

That just my thoughts though. :)

Allen

 Yahoo! Messenger  - want a free & easy way to contact your friends online?