[geocentrism] Re: Three days and three nights

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 00:09:07 +0100 (BST)

Allen,

Your position is wrong. Christ said that salvation could not be found by simply
reading the Scriptures. Christ also promised to send a HELPER, or COUNSELLOR.
What do we need that for?

Someone, Philip I think, pointed out a while back that the Scriptures make
mention of a "New Moon," but that we know it's the same Moon. We need to
research such Scriptures in order to understand what they mean. We cannot
simply read them.

Neville.

Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Fair enough.......... However, the point I was making is your argument is
emotional and is not one found in scripture it is the reasoning of man. Here is
what I mean.... how bad Hitler was has noting to do with whether or not God and
the scripture you have in your hand mean exactly what it looks like at face
value.... When he said he ordained them and do not resist them. Those who say
it means anything other than what it plainly says have a burden of proof on
them to prove that it dose not mean exactly that! The point being you can?t
prove that because all you have is what you have been given including the text.
The text states that all the answers including how to read and understand the
text are found in and only in the text not in mans ability to reason or
anywhere else. There is obviously a "correct way" to read scripture. Scripture
itself states that it is not found in man?s reasoning abilities or any other
place except in the text itself and not to look beyond it. And e
veryone
will have to determine for themselves if they will accept only and only what
God states or their own abilities at interpreting what he said. Nothing that I
have stated has been contrary to scripture and only by scripture will anyone
know for sure if what I or anyone else says it true or not. That is the
standard and choice everyone has been given. I could be wrong and If someone
can demonstrate from scripture, not their reasoning or ideas , but scripture
then I will accept it as so.

Allen

 Yahoo! Messenger  - want a free & easy way to contact your friends online?