[geocentrism] Re: Three days and three nights

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 17:08:52 -0700 (PDT)

Philip

(P) ?We seem to be confirming that Scripture alone, is insufficient to convey
the will of God, but that we need someone with Divine Authority to explain it
to us.?

(A) on the Contrary Scripture ALONE is the only way to understand it. That is
why we were told..........  1 Corinthians 4:6 And these things, brethren, I
have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye
might learn in us not to think of men "above that which is written",
???Why?????..that no one of you be puffed up for one against another...........
And again?.. Jeremiah 10:23.  O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in
himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. People are going to
have to take ALL the scripture at face value external of ?human reasoning and
theorizing? or risk ignorance and confusion.

Allen

Philip <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have been noting the give and take, the too ing and fro ing , over this
calandar business as it relates to scripture, and indeed as Neville said also
thus relates to geocentrism, though I do not quite see how.
What seems to come out of all this discussion , and I include all of our
debates here, is that none can be absolutely sure of any scientific accuracy
from scripture, which does not open up even more confusion. eg 72 hours or not
72 hours.

We seem to be confirming that Scripture alone, is insufficient to convey the
will of God, but that we need someone with Divine Authority to explain it to
us. As it appears so far here, we are very much like the blind leading the
blind. Mat 15-14.

We seek our authority from the skills of men. I am referring to language and
scientific interpretive and knowledge skills.

Yet does not scripture itself tell us just how dangerous such are.

25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than men: and the weakness of God is

stronger than men.

26 For see your vocation, brethren, that there are not many wise according to

the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble.

27 But the foolish things of the world hath God chosen, that he may confound

the wise: and the weak things of the world hath God chosen, that he may

confound the strong.

28 And the base things of the world and the things that are contemptible, hath

God chosen: and things that are not, that he might bring to nought things that
are:

Then we have also 2Peter 3-

15 And account the longsuffering of our Lord, salvation: as also our most dear

brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, hath written to you:

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are

certain things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable wrest,
as

they do also the other scriptures, to their own destruction.

17 You therefore, brethren, knowing these things before, take heed, lest being

led aside by the error of the unwise, you fall from your own steadfastness.

18 But grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

To him be glory both now and unto the day of eternity, Amen.

I guess that last verse 18 puts the really important perspective on our
subject, and its relative import.