[geocentrism] The mountain

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:12:28 +0000 (GMT)

Philip M
ref your post as below. A quick response -- I'll address some of your points
from your longer more recent post later.
No need for an apology -- I probably just didn't read with sufficient care
though I often marvel at the imprecision of language, even when great care is
exercised.
I regret however that I can't agree with you about these other matters you
raise either. I think the remarks I made in my last post (I think it was the
last -- it's 06h00 and I should have been in bed hours ago so I didn't go back
-- I'm sure you'll forgive me) can be generally applied here also, at least
down to "...which results..." anyway. I think the matter of education etc is
more contentious but think, up till relatively recently -- 100 - 200 years --
schoolboys were required to be able to do calculations in both Roman *and*
Arabic numerals. What is the purpose served? Much better to drop the archaic
and learn about hexadecimal. If we don't keep pruning the syllabus, there won't
be time to learn the new.
Let me finish on a humourous note -- There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those waiting for a bus.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
From philip madsen Thu Feb 15 21:08:24 2007
Paul said: I can't agree with you on degeneration of intellectual capabilities.

Paul, I apologise if I gave that opinion. I have not intended to give the
impression that the intellectual capabilities have degenerated, but rather, a
degeneration of  moral standards, and subsequent loss of self descipline of any
sort,  which results, in a degraded application of knowledge, along with a much
lower standard of education, has occurred. When our Doctors of Philosophy leave
philosophy out of their science degree, their science is no longer complete or
rational.

If I were to accept the idea that the intellectual capabilities, and or the
intelligence quota of people had degenerated, then I would be forced to say
they were not in the eyes of God morally responsible for their actions..  a
case of diminished responsibility. .. I do of course exempt those few who do
fall into the latter category.

From this point of view, I will later respond to you letter in more detail.

Philip.