[geocentrism] Re: The mountain

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:16:45 +1000

Paul said,
"I do marvel at your credulity. You seem always to be poised like a compressed
spring waiting to pounce on MS (not the charity I support [Chuckle]) on the
most sparse and flimsiest of evidence. "

Phil said with Pauls response in red. with my comment in blue.

and Paul this was by your own admission without having read the evidence. [1] I
did *peruse* the data, but there are only so many hours in a day. If I've
decided wrongly, time will correct that.So how can you call it sparse and
flimsy with that "this means it is false" tone. [2] No -- it doesn't mean it's
false -- just that I am not convinced. Thats fair!  You are an agnostic then,
rather than an athiest. Let me remind you that most of the evidence supporting
penecillin was flimsy and sparse as an Australlian, a Jew, and a Pommie did the
hard work to make it proven. [3] You have to put in the hard yards if you want
to change public opinion. Do you think my role here is one of joy and bliss?
are you a publicity officer then?  LOL. They create evidence, true or false..
Grin.

Of course the evidence of a poured concrete pyramid is sparse but not flimsy.

Naturally the problem is different when it concerns a chemistry which not all
can fathom, like DNA evidence , accepted without qualification, by the
unqualified, from the case of MS objection to heavier than air flight, till the
man could actually build the aeroplane and fly.. [4]Time was when the US Patent
Office did not require a working model in order to issue a patent. Have you
ever noticed the kind of contraptions which got patents? Yes sure have! strange
how MS science never apologises.... NEVER... they slink away, or deny they ever
objected.. [5] Success has a thousand fathers -- failure is an orphan. True for
any philosophy.No not so for a true Christian philosophy. There is only one
father of truth. Any other claimants are thieves, and Catholic thieves KNOW
they go to Hell, and/or at the very least have to pay back the last farthing.

and Paul, your objection is based upon your acceptance of the MS consensus of
opinion, not a personal appraisal of the evidence.. [6] but there are only so
many hours in a day. And anyway, there were not all that many references to
consult, especially those of a peer review type. You did not actually answer or
deny the charge. Isn't peer review equivalent to MS consensus? As peers we are
intitled to the dissenting opinion.  Consensus, like compromise, is dangerous.
That the majority of the people believe what they see in the sun rising and
traversing the sky does not and did not make it true. That a peer group
unaminously believe for their own presumed reasons that it does not move at
all, likewise does not make their position true. An observer, truely seeking
truth, can make only one assumption based on all the available evidence:

That one is only more probable or more possible than the other. I repeat here
my oft stated proof in point , (something I only arrived at due to this
discussion forum) Even though everbody may believe that gravity is pull or
attraction between masses, this does in no way prove it to be so, or that the
contrary minority position that gravity is push is wrong. Consensus is not
proof.

You do likewise regarding your opinions of supernatural phenomena.. MS says it
does not happen, Paul refuses to look at any contrary evidence.. [7]Pretty much
as for [6]. If I see peer reviewed evidence to the contrary, my position may
well change. (I have made that statement previously. I don't recall any other
participant in this forum making a similar statement). You are still putting
faith in consensus of a view of the evidence as though it were evidence. True
evidence is like the three angles of a triangle add up to 180 degrees..  That
is axiom.

Reminds me of one of Asimovs puzzles..  If a man is sealed completely in a
cube, is there a way out, without breaking the seals? Yes of course. The way
out is the way he was put in before the seals were put on.

No wonder you vote for a major party... just guessin! Paul. speaking
philosophically of course..

Philip..