[geocentrism] Re: The figurative thing...

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:37:14 +1000

If so, this is where I will seriously have to take issue with you.  By glibly
saying that we should insist the Bible "was speaking figuratively" in Joshua,
then I feel you obliterate the initial belief in our statement of faith that
the Bible is inerrant.
Holy cow Gary... You got me wrong... I was speaking figuratively. Did I leave
out the "what if?" did I not say , "Just say the Bible was speaking
figaritively"   you know like pretend!

Get it?    Yet we all got to admit Revelations, sure got a lot of problems for
literal interpretation....

Back to subject. The Bible said the sun stopped.

I do not think this passage is for or against GC. Think real hard. . In the
helio centric system, (a scientific possibility, and a good logical assumption)
when God talked to His people, back then, what would they have thought if He
had written in Joshua, "The Earth stopped" ...?  Even had that been true, and
God never lies, it would have been meaningless to the people, so He would have
spoken according to convention,

The science is not important here. That He suspended nature is!

My message...  Do not let your salvation rest upon HC GC or any other C. The
supernatural life is outside of science. Its internal between you and God. Even
Mikes self alledged atheism, is judged by Him on High, not us. Neville would be
the first to acknowledge that.

Philip.