[geocentrism] Temporary continuation of catholic/noncatholic arguement - please ignore

  • From: j a <ja_777_aj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 18:57:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Nick,

No, the line of reasoning doesn't apply to me.  You rely on your fallible self.
 I rely on a Church which claims God-given infallibility. I rely on the words
of Jesus. You rely on the words of a church. And you are wrong, the reasoning
absolutley applies to you because you use your own judgement in doing so. Or
were you predestined to be a catholic and have no choice in the matter?

I always find it interesting that non-Catholics accuse Catholics of "arrogance"
because we speak with certainty.  It's not arrogance to rely on someone other
than yourself. You are blind, deaf and dumb on this. You exempt yourself from
any responsibility for your beliefs and condem everyone else for being
responsible for what they believe. Everyone depends on someone else. It is
arrogance to rely just on yourself as you do. I depend on Jesus. How is it that
I depend on myself more than you?

I'm not "reading your mind or using a crystal ball".  I'm just responding to
the obvious from your own statements. Sounded mean-spirited and holier than
thou to me. And you have no earthy idea what I know or don't know or have
studied or not studied.

Why do you say you have "so far" rejected the Catholic position.  If you're so
certain, why hedge. I am not hedging, I am being honest about my search for the
truth in all matters. I was not reffering specifically to catholicism except in
the rejecting it part.

Don't look to me to give you "reason to change [your] mind".  If you are
serious, I'll provide you some credible things to read for yourself.  Others
have made the case, so I'm not about to spend all day writing emails. Excuse
me, but you are the high and mighty one trying to scare up converts. I didn't
ask you to attack my beliefs or me. The only thing I would read from your
suggestion would be verses from the bible that you think support your claim.
Anybody can find material to support whatever position they wish to take. You
could be a satanist and still have the same aguements and logic you have
applied so far, and I'm sure you could find lots of written material to support
it. (I am not calling you a satanist, in case there's any doubt)
As to the  rest of your statements (e.g. that Christ did not establish the
Catholic Church), thank you very much for your OPINIONS---.But why should
anyone rely on the opinions of someone who admits he can be wrong on
everything. This is where your arrogance really shows. I am not asking you to
change, you are asking me to change. You are the one proclaiming himself to be
absolutly right and infallible. Just because you take your material from
someone else who claims infallibility does not change this.

By the way, remember that this began because I responded to you. I was
responding to the logic of the question you were pestering others to answer.
You are the one who took up the task of questioning my beliefs, instead of
having a conversation about the logic of your question. I was trying to point
out why your question would not convince a non-catholic christian, as it has
not with me. The point is that your arguements are pointless - a christian does
not care what the popes or catholics say or do - unless you first give strickly
biblical arguements, that can be investigated and verified, that tells them
that they should. But I doubt you can do that, otherwise you would.

Anyway, I changed the subject line so others could ignore our diatribes if they
aren't interested in what we are talking about. But this conversation still
shouldn't be on this forem, so, Nick, lets try to bring this to a peaceable
conclusion quickly.

JA

"Niemann, Nicholas K." <NNiemann@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
JA,
Thank you for your follow up.

No, the line of reasoning doesn't apply to me.  You rely on your fallible self.
 I rely on a Church which claims God-given infallibility.

I always find it interesting that non-Catholics accuse Catholics of "arrogance"
because we speak with certainty.  It's not arrogance to rely on someone other
than yourself.  It is arrogance to rely just on yourself as you do.

I'm not "reading your mind or using a crystal ball".  I'm just responding to
the obvious from your own statements.

Why do you say you have "so far" rejected the Catholic position.  If you're so
certain, why hedge.

Don't look to me to give you "reason to change [your] mind".  If you are
serious, I'll provide you some credible things to read for yourself.  Others
have made the case, so I'm not about to spend all day writing emails.

As to the  rest of your statements (e.g. that Christ did not establish the
Catholic Church), thank you very much for your OPINIONS---.But why should
anyone rely on the opinions of someone who admits he can be wrong on everything.

By the way, remember that this began because I responded to you.

Regards,
Nick.