[geocentrism] Re: Stellar Parallax/Regner

  • From: Bernie Brauer <bbrauer777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 16:11:50 -0700 (PDT)

Mach's philosophy of science  Ernst Mach developed a philosophy of science
which was influential in the 19th and 20th centuries. Mach held that scientific
laws are summaries of experimental events, constructed for the purpose of human
comprehension of complex data. Thus scientific laws have more to do with the
mind than with reality as it exists apart from the mind. Some quotations from
Mach's writings will illustrate his philosophy. These selections are taken from
his essay The Economical Nature of Physical Inquiry, excerpted by Kockelmans.

   The goal which it [physical science] has set itself is the simplest and most
economical abstract expression of facts.
   When the human mind, with its limited powers, attempts to mirror in itself
the rich life of the world, of which it itself is only a small part, and which
it can never hope to exhaust, it has every reason for proceeding economically.

   In reality, the law always contains less than the fact itself, because it
does not reproduce the fact as a whole but only in that aspect of it which is
important for us, the rest being intentionally or from necessity omitted.

Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:            "In other words,
stellar parallax is an observable phenomenon that is repeatable, rather than
being experimental or statistical errors in measurement."

  Now that is science!  However, chalking things up to anomalies because they
don¢t fit your ideas is nothing more then performing evaluations based on your
"fath" in what you think you already know. True science or rather facts
evaluated in a logical fame work demand that those "anomalies" alter you
theories particularly when the anomalies are reproducible and demonstratable
but your theories are not without invoking your conclusions of the data in that
data analysis! ....When science is unwilling to make those changes and for no
more reason then it would "change the whole world view" and at that in the same
way that Galileo did., then "science" is no longer science. When it's ability
to interpret data lie not in LOE (logic, observation & experiance) but in
simple stated philosophical reasons, then science becomes nothing more then
pure religion. For anyone who doubts religion plays a part in science first
ignores that fact that its conclusions are based on interpretations
 that are not reproducible in spite of observations to the contrary that are
reproducible and second have obviously never read Earnst Mach's the Science of
Mechanics or even payed attention to the rants in "dogma" of "modern Science".
It is a great mistake that is often touted as given but only merely assumed
that scientific world views follow the observations and experience framed in
logic. In fact the history of modern science clearly shows that all though they
make great pretense to such, just the opposite is the reality. It is and was
always the changes in world views that preceded first. Latter those changes in
world views are what would and did force changes in interpretations and
methodologies that brought about today¢s existing paradigms of the Sciences.

  From: philip madsen
  To: geocentrism list

  Regner I worry how you can enter discussions with the diversity of junk mail
presented, but I guess a few filtered words like Catholic, Bible and God and
Jew and ... might help if you have a filter..  The problem is people do not
keep subjects within the subject line..  I try.

  Well Jack, I can get what the original intended, this time round.. It
startles a little at first because the diagrams look so similar, and it is
necessary to actually identify the bodies S and E which have their roles
reversed.

  But is it a manipulative trick?  If the sun moves around the earth, then also
the stars N and F every day.

  Thus looking at the bottom pic, when the sun is at the top, marked July, the
stars N and F should be vertically above, and likewise in January, vertically
below..  because they also rotate around the earth with the sun, less the
annual increment.. or plus I'm not that good at astronomy.

  I feel that the viewing angles might still fulfill the requirements, as the
bottom diagram is trying to show, but How?

  Regner who has a mind tuned to planetary motions, should be able to answer,
if this is so..  and if my memory is true, I think he did say or acknowledge
that parallax would not distinguish or prove either system..

  thanks.. Philip.

Easily monitor multiple email accounts & access them with a click. Visit
www.inbox.com/notifier and check it out!