[geocentrism] Re: Space Shuttle Pics

  • From: "Martin G. Selbrede" <mselbrede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:13:06 -0500

NASA appears to agree with Neville re: Venus in daylight ---

http://www.nasa.gov/worldbook/venus_worldbook.html

Last sentence of second paragraph reads: "When Venus is near its brightest point, it can be seen in daylight."

Martin

On Sep 10, 2007, at 3:58 PM, Neville Jones wrote:

Paul,

You are one of those characters who never knows the right time to give up, but just keeps going on and on. When flaws are pointed out in your arguments, you just attempt to move the goal posts.

Since it is impossible to answer your suggestions in a manner that would be to your liking, because to do so would mean me telling you things that I knew not to be correct, you are just going to have to accept that I consider your position regarding seeing stars from the lunar surface to be completely wrong and seemingly very confused.

I will address your last teal-coloured paragraph and then that really will be it, sorry. Otherwise I'm going to end up feeling like a footballer who, having scored a penalty, is told that he has to retake it because the other side have decided that they want to use the goal at the other end of the field: frustrated and tired.

As regards the extent of dilation of the pupils of our eyes, you may wish to ponder the operation of a camera lens. Decreasing the size of the entrance pupil does not cause the image to darken as long as the exposure time is increased to compensate. The response time of the human eye is extremely fast and star-like objects will most definitely register with the pigments in the photoreceptors, even in amazingly intense surrounding EMR, as you can find out for yourself if you look towards the Sun on a clear day when you know that Venus is close to the Sun. Cover the Sun with your outstretched finger or thumb and you will clearly see Venus (which is not a great deal brighter than some of the brightest stars), despite the fact that your pupil diameter will be at its minimum (about 2mm), and light will be flooding into your eye from all angles.

As for the rocks and boulders you used earlier, what can I say? Grasping at straws, perhaps?

Neville
www.GeocentricUniverse.com