[geocentrism] Re: Space Shuttle Pics

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:42:36 +1000

Yep sorry.
This seems toscotch an idea I had, which by the way came not from Asimov, but a
Bible group promoting the flood and describing the preflood sky...Sorry Isaac!
 this was an interview with Morgan pictured.
http://www.parssky.net/news/?NewsID=-183188473&Cat=Spaceship

Earlier today, Morgan and Drew fielded questions from students at a Challenger
Center for Space Science Education in Alexandria, Va., the second of three
educational events planned for Endeavour's mission. Today's session held
special significance for Morgan because the event was hosted by June Scobee
Rodgers, founding chairman of the Challenger centers and widow of Challenger
commander Dick Scobee. Morgan was Christa McAuliffe's backup in the original
Teacher in Space program and trained with the Challenger astronauts. snip

In one of the more interesting exchanges, a student asked if the astronauts
could see constellations in space from their lofty perch above Earth's
atmosphere.

"You know, initially when we first came up here, both the space shuttle and the
space station were both very lit up, almost like a small city, and it made it
tough to see anything," Drew said. "Actually, I had an easier time seeing stars
in Houston. Last night, we turned out all the lights on both the shuttle and
the station, looked out the window and it as a glorious sight out there. You
could see the entire Milky Way, you could see the dust clouds of the Milky Way,
I think Barb even saw a shooting star beneath us last night. We saw thunder
storms over the world, it was pretty fabulous, you could make out all the
constellations in the sky."

"It was interesting," Morgan said, "it started out in the orbit we were in, we
were at night time and we were looking out at the night sky and all the things
Al just described we could see. We were traveling over Africa at the time, but
looking out at the night sky. And then as we got to the Indian Ocean, it was
black, black, black and that's where we saw all the thunderstorms. And I don't
think any of us had ever seen anything quite that bright, those flashes of
light.

"And then off in the distance, in another, say, 20 minutes or so, a thin blue
line started appearing. And that blue line got thicker and thicker, it started
to get a little blurred and all these different colors of blue were in that
line and we realized we were looking at the horizon with the sunrise coming and
we could see layers of cloud in that horizon. Within just a few minutes, our
faces were totally lit up and the space station was shimmering, the solar
arrays were just like the orange filaments in your toaster, they were just
shimmering, bright, bright, bright gold. It was a beautiful sight."

I don't think NASA would fake that... and it is very easy to work out why the
stars do not turn up in photos, either at ISS or the moon..  You'd need time
exposure..

Phil.