[geocentrism] Re: Saul of Tarsus.. Nick & Dan

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:28:27 -0700 (PDT)

The Catholic or "Universal Church" as the term is by definition of the term the
Church!?? There is only One Church or one Body. However, having That name above
the door or claiming it does not make you THE "Universal Church" "Church of God
or Christ" or The ONE body. Nor does having a office for which there is no
authority for authoritative. There is no scriptural basis for a Pope much less
THE vicar of Christ. In fact the office of overseers was commanded by the
apostles as the structure and nowhere is there a reference to a senior
presbyter over all of them. Vicar of Christ was first used this title by the
Papacy in the 8th century; earlier they used the title vicar of St. Peter or
vicarius principis apostolorum, the vicar of the chief of the apostles. The
whole bases for the "Chief of the Apostles" statement is the Peter and Rock
argument which is not held up in scripture or history of the church, if you
count scripture as having any authority. If you do then scripture pla
 inly
 states not to think beyond it. Chorinthinas 4: 1 I have applied these things
to myself and Apollos for your benefit, brothers, so that you may learn from us
not to go beyond what is written, ....anything outside this is external of
scripture for which is supposedly the bases for making the claim in the first
place. ...History bears out that this title and authority was not accepted by
everyone in the Church or nor can it be shown from the apostle?s themselves
with respect to Peter. ?..So there is no basis in secular history either. I am
not anti Rome just 2 Corinthians 10:5. ?.. every pretension raising itself
against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive in obedience to
Christ,

Robert Bennett <robert.bennett@xxxxxxx> wrote:JA,

inserts below.

RB