[geocentrism] Re: Saul of Tarsus.. Nick & Dan

  • From: "Niemann, Nicholas K." <NNiemann@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:19:05 -0500

Neville,
It's interesting to see the different translations.  I suppose you think
that since "trickery" could impliy a meaning of deception or fraud, this
means St. Paul can't be of God (setting aside just how stupid you must
think Paul is, for if he was truly trying to pretend he was of God, he
wouldn't come out and say he was acting in a way contrary to God).

The Douay Rheims english translation uses the word "guile" rather than
"trickery".  In the Webster's dictionary I have, "guile" is defined as
"slyness and cunning in dealing with others;craftiness."

"Slyness" is defined as "skillful or clever"  or "skillful at trickery
or deceit;crafty; wily"  or "showing a secretive, crafty, or wily
nature".

"Crafty" is defined as "powerful, sly" or "subtly deceitful; sly;
cunning; artful."

"Trickery" is defined as the "act or practice of tricking; use of
tricks; deception;fraud."

"Trick is defined as "an action or device designed to deceive, cheat,
outwit, etc." (amongst 10 other possible meanings).

"Outwit" is defined as "to overcome, or get the better of, by cunning or
cleverness".  It says the archaic meaning was "to be more intelligent
than".

And all of this is without even looking at the non-english language
which Paul actually wrote in.

So, just what is your point Neville.  Because the language certainly
doesn't establish Paul acted in a non-Godlike or antichrist manner
(which given your previous emails I assume is your purpose).

Regards,
Nick.

  _____