[geocentrism] Re: Saul of Tarsus

  • From: j a <ja_777_aj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:35:53 -0700 (PDT)

Nick,

I appreciate your concern for my soul, but since I accept Jesus Christs'
sacrifice on the cross as payment for my sins and the method of my souls'
reconnection to God, I do not see why you should be concerned. It does not
matter what church I go to nor with whom I associate. Salvation is a gift of
Gods' grace and my imperfect actions and thoughts cannot change that.

Your concern for the soul of a christian because he's not catholic is one of
the reasons why I and others reject catholicism in the first place. I once
listened to a non-denomination sermon that questioned the salvation of
catholics. I didn't like that point of view either. No Pope or priest or church
holds the key to my salvation nor yours. Jesus and Jesus alone, holds that key.

As for God giving Infallibility to anyone, Jesus is the only one. Why would God
give such a gift to someone selected by men? God has always picked the one
no-one would expect. Such a thought seems an insult to God. Man forms a church
and elects a leader and man expects God to gift this man with Infallibility
when discussing God? This is backwards and upside down and wrong on every level.

As for Popes contradicting themselves, I wouldn't know. But if my salvation
depends on recognizing them or belonging to thier church or confessing to a
priest or any other worldly, superficial, or "works" based condition you want
to name, as seems to be required of catholics by their popes, then they have
contradicted Jesus. Don't you consider him the first Pope? And therefore, I do
not believe God has given this ability to the Popes.

JA

"Niemann, Nicholas K." <NNiemann@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
JA,
Thank you for your follow up and what I believe is intended by you as an honest
answer.

When you say you could be wrong, "just like everyone else",  you really don't
know everyone else could be wrong, since you admit you could be wrong anything.
 So, this is just your opinion, correct?  And just the opposite could be true.
Wouldn't it make sense to diligently explore whether God has given this
infallibility to someone, such as the Catholic Pope. You have to admit this
could impact your salvation.  Have you ever studied the first hand Catholic
claim to this from the actual Catholic teachings on it.  You'll find it is
Biblically based.  And you'll find the official teachings of the Popes never
have contradicted themselves.  It's your soul, I'm just giving you fair
warning.

Regards,
Nick.