[geocentrism] Sad Data Loss

  • From: Steven Jones <stavro_jones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:52:43 +0100 (BST)

Dear Bernie,

I was very sorry to hear about the loss of all your
data because of Yahoo's destruction of your email
account without any prior warning. Personally, I
thoroughly dislike the Yahoo service for many reasons,
particularly confidentiality.

You'll no doubt be looking for a new account and
probably already have a replacement, but I would like
to recommend a few if it's ok. If your sending a lot
of "radical" truth-telling emails then I would suggest
you seek one that has POP or preferably IMAP support.
Such as www.fastmail.fm The best service with them is
undoubtedly payied, but even the free account allows
IMAP (download only) to pull down all your folders
etcetera to your local drive. It doesn't have much
storage space but it's a great account.

Alternatively, if you don't want to pay for a service,
try www.inbox.com A massive 5GB storage for free plus
SMTP/POP3 Access (very unusual for free). POP3 would
enable constant backup of all your stuff to your local
hard drive without having to mess around with a
web-interface. If you want I can write you a POP3
backup program that would synchronize files once a
week, and you can trust me for no spyware, adware
etcetera.

Best Wishes,

Steven.

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html