[geocentrism] Re: SI units.

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocentrism list" <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:02:30 +1000

Quantitatively measuring the static charge from Coulomb’s Law is more
difficult than electronically counting charge carriers in a current flow, or
measuring the magnetic force between two wires resulting from a standard
current.

The ampere is chosen as the standard, because it’s easier to verify by
experiment and more precise than finding the charge in coulombs…….imho.

Robert

Another absolute ly true Robert. Especially was I concerned about the
definition concerning two wires, which as a definition is fine, but a practical
model no.

Which prompts me to ask you and any other here, a question that has kept me
thinking for some years.

If a single conductor is enclosed in an iron cylinder, such that all the field
is enclosed within the magnetic material. will the motive force of external
fields still apply? Like as with the twin conductors of the above definition,
for example..