[geocentrism] Return question to Neville

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:06:49 +1000

 I am changing the subject line all the time to keep all the subterranian stuff
off Regners thread. (pun intended)

Neville said..  "What varies from night to night is which section of your
particular celestial hemisphere you can see, since the Sun is constantly
changing its rising/setting times, and you can't see the stars when the Sun is
in the sky."

Yes I can see this is the reason from the geocentric view. In effect the sun is
not circling the earth as fast as the celestial sphere of stars, and as a
consequence over the period of a year we end up getting a view of the full 360
degrees of the sphere.

sidereal day 23 hours, 56 minutes.  Sun takes 24 hours. slipping behind 4
minutes every day..

It is neat that the heliocentric system seems the more natural as regards the
universal laws of motion.

But it is supernaturalism versus naturalism.

From all the recent posts, I still don't have a clue what everyone is talking
about, and I'd hazard, nor does anybody else myself included.

I'll eventually come up with an all encompassing valid question..