[geocentrism] Re: Psalm 19/ Christ 2nd Return

  • From: allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 15:49:33 -0700 (PDT)

I don’t have a problem with “MAYBE IM WRONG “ ..but maybe I’m wrong is not a
logical or scriptural reason for objecting to anything (particularly sound
doctrine..lol).
Again, Phil, I can agree...people twist and don’t use scripture properly all
the time and there is a difference between opinion and dogma ..but as i keep
pointing out ...why can't you demonstrate that to be the case ?...are the
scriptures understandable and or coherent or not?! If they are,  then  there is
no reason why one cannot demonstrate their doctrine....it is either found in
scripture or not? This brings us back to the same place we were before....is
the problem with making sense of scripture because scripture can only be
properly interpreted in millions of different ways all of which ar eequaly
valid?!...or is scripture logical and coherent but many if not most of its
"interpreters" are not logical or coherent. If scripture is coherent and
logical ( one would think sound reasoning is a property of the author cough)
(consistency is a mark of sound reasoning regardless of ones "philosophy") if
it is, then when someone misapplies scripture
 or makes a mistake in using scripture much like one may make a mistake with a
80000 piece jigsaw puzzle or puts fourth ideas/ doctrines that are inconsistent
with it,  then it follows that the error should be possible to demonstrate in
fact not opinion! ...Again,  if scripture is coherent and can be logically
(consistently) applied. Otherwise, you are left with a “authority of doctrine
(even in the RC camp)  that is by definition incoherent, inconsistent and makes
no sense without first knowing what the truth is so as to "interpret it
properly". If that is the case then:
1.Scripture is not a guide to the truth but rather something that needs the
truth in order to understand and interpret it.
2. There is no way to claim scripture as giving authority to anyone for the
purpose of interpreting it without first knowing what the truth is so as to
make sure your interpretation of who ‘s job it is, is the correct
interpretation.
If it is coherent and authoritative for doctrine, then someone anyone should be
able to demonstrate the doctrine…………if you cannot demonstrate your doctrine
then maybe….. just maybe, your doctrine is the problem……… I duknow…what you
think?