[geocentrism] Re: Plenum and firmament

  • From: "Gary Shelton" <garylshelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 02:09:54 -0600

Cheryl,

Don't sell yourself short.  You'll be up to speed with me in no time.  I
haven't a very long history with this subject at all.  I kind of see us
coming from a similar background.  As a born and raised 45 year old Baptist,
I also tend to say KJV, but it's this thing of inerrancy that still has me
bugged, I'll tell you.  Yes, Dr. Bouw's a purist as far as the KJV goes and
believes to be inerrant.  But I don't know.  I wonder how we can say the KJV
is anything without specifying the exact KJV we are talking about?

Did you know that when the 1611 KJV was printed it included the Apocrypha?
So what gives that we now do not have that in the KJV?  If we are going to
ascribe some clearer connection to God for the translators of our Bible
version, hadn't we better learn just what the true product is they came up
with?

I have read that our KJV came into existence about 1881.  Again, I'm no
expert.  But I do know that I own two KJV's.  One renders the Psalm (I
believe it's 93:1 here) as "stablish" while the other as "establish".

That's not a big deal perhaps, but it goes to show you there are differences
between even the modern printings of the KJV.  I'm sure there are vastly
more erudite folks to talk about this than myself, however.

No, I haven't read Gordon Bane.  I'll google him when I get the chance.

See, you're already asking the same question I have about the plenum and the
firmament.  Perhaps Robert or the others will chime in here.

Sincerely,

Gary Shelton