[geocentrism] Outlook Express

  • From: "Steven Jones" <midclyth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:47:12 +0100

Hi Jack,

As much as I used to like Outlook Express I rarely use it now, I've tried Thunderbird recently and think it much more secure and upto date, did you try Thunderbird once? If so how did you like it? Outlook Express is a dead product now, it's been replaced with Windows Live Mail I believe which ships with Vista.

There are a few privacy concerns with it, but a few serious bugs too. None are too likely to occur, but the major one that I think of can be fixed without much work, it's called "Background file compaction" and if you continue to use Outlook Express and also have a lot of emails on your computer I would certianly reccommend turning it off. It has a known bug which can lead to file corruption. You can do that from "Options" on the "Tools" menu. With this off it will be very inefficiant with your storage space though.

Regarding opening the images, I think it not possible, once it decides there unsafe I've had trouble before trying to obtain them. I'll resend them in a zip file, that might work.

Best Wishes,

Steven

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:20:34 +0100, Jack Lewis <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Steven,
Outlook Express said it has removed your attachments as unsafe. How do I chancel that?

Jack

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Jones" <midclyth@xxxxxxxxxxx>