[geocentrism] Re: Moving Earth Deception

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 07:50:02 -0800

Marc,

My apologies for getting the time wrong, the figure of a little over 2 seconds stuck in my head and I used this as a one-way time.

The two-way time of about two and a quarter seconds is a very long time compared with the coherence time length for visible wavelengths in the atmosphere, so the laser will not follow the same path down as it did on the way up. The beam will be spread considerably over such a distance, so it is not possible to hit an 18"-square reflector with much, if anything. The power of the outward laser beam is limited by thermal blooming, and so on.

However, if it were possible to hit the alleged device with all the radiation of a laser and receive it back again unaffected by our atmosphere, and if Amstrong and Aldrin had actually been to the Moon and left the device there, then we would be able to determine which model was correct in the absolute sense, acentric or geostationary.

This would be because of the reciprocity principle of geometrical optics.