[geocentrism] Re: Moving Earth Deception

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:24:15 +0000 (GMT)

Bernie B
A body rotates on its axis, but revolves about its primary. The term -- to
orbit -- is often used in lieu of revolve. So, in your example, the Earth
rotates on its axis every 24 hours and revolves around the Sun in 365 days. In
both the helio and the geocentrist's position -- Mars rotates on its axis in
about 24h 37m but revolves around the Sun in 687 (Earth) days. In each case,
the path of revolution is the body's orbit.
In your points 1. and 2. below -- an object (a body) which is 'spinning' refers
to rotation, but an object in a circular path refers to an object in its orbit.
You should be aware that in the Tychonian view, there are only two (roughly)
circular orbits -- the Sun and the Moon. All other bodies follow a path which
lack a generally accepted name.
Paul D