[geocentrism] Re: Moon Rotation (supplementary)

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 10:46:05 -0800 (PST)

To All

I made reference in another post to an interesting physics site which may well
become a site more preferable to me than the ubiquitous Wikipedia. Wikipedia is
readily editable whereas this alternative I believe is not. To explain why my
preferences in these matters have changed, a little micro history may be in
order.

As part of an earlier post -- Moon Rotation From Paul Deema Wed Nov 26 11:43:36
2008 -- I said inter alia ...
PSI Googled "progressive radial oreintaion to a common point" and got zero
hits. After correcting the spelling errors to get "progressive radial
orientation to a common point" I got eight hits -- all at
www.freelists.org/archives/geocentrism, the 'snippets' of which all exhibited
spelling errors characteristic of Allen Daves. I believe that I am entitled to
believe that this is a private definition of rotation held by Allen Daves.
Subsequently, I had occasion to Google 'rotation' and chanced to find myself at
the aforesaid ubiquitous Wikipedia, where in the section headed 'Mathematics',
I chanced upon ...
A Rotation is simply a progressive radial orientation to a common point. That
common point lay within the axis of that motion. The axis is 90 degrees
perpendicular to the plane of the motion.
Further down, in the section headed 'Physics', I found ...
2. A Rotation is simply a progressive radial orientation to a common point.
That common point is within the axis of that motion. The axis is 90 degrees
perpendicular to the plane of the motion.
Points to note: First, we see 'rotation' capitalised, the only two places in
the article where this is found (except where it begins a sentence). Second,
the spurious '2. ' -- there is no '1. ' -- characteristic of careless cutting
and pasting. Three, the grammatically incorrect and memory jogging '... That
common point lay within ...'

Rotation is defined in a general way at the head of the article. These
additions are redundant, poorly composed and not well integrated into the
article proper. My suspicions aroused, I consulted the History tab and found
the following -.
(cur) (last) 22:59, 26 November 2008 67.131.20.93 (Talk) (9,632 bytes)
(→Mathematics) (undo).
(cur) (last) 22:59, 26 November 2008 67.131.20.93 (Talk) (9,631 bytes)
(→Mathematics) (undo).
(cur) (last) 22:21, 26 November 2008 67.131.20.93 (Talk) (9,437 bytes)
(→Physics) (undo).
(cur) (last) 22:17, 26 November 2008 67.131.20.93 (Talk) (9,359 bytes)
(→Physics) (undo).
(cur) (last) 22:16, 26 November 2008 67.131.20.93 (Talk) (9,355 bytes)
(→Physics) (undo).
Checking these editing sessions, I found the following -- part -- versions of
the article (most recent date/time at the top)...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(Wikipedia - Rotation
22:59, 26 November 2008 67.131.20.93 (Talk) (9,631 bytes) (→Mathematics) (undo))
All rigid body movements are rotations, translations, or combinations of the
two.
A Rotation is simply a progressive radial orientation to a common point. That
common point lay within the axis of that motion. The axis is 90 degrees
perpendicular to the plane of the motion.

If a rotation around a point or axis is followed by a second rotation around
the same point/axis, a third rotation results. The reverse (inverse) of a ...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(Wikipedia - Rotation
22:59, 26 November 2008 67.131.20.93 (Talk) (9,632 bytes) (→Mathematics) (undo))
All rigid body movements are rotations, translations, or combinations of the
two.
A Rotation is simply a progressive radial orientation to a common point. That
common point lay within the axis of that motion. The axis is 90 degrees
perpendicular to the plane of the motion.
If a rotation around a point or axis is followed by a second rotation around
the same point/axis, a third rotation results. The reverse (inverse) of a ...
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(Wikipedia - Rotation
22:21, 26 November 2008 67.131.20.93 (Talk) (9,437 bytes) (→Physics) (undo))
2. A Rotation is simply a progressive radial orientation to a common point.
That common point is within the axis of that motion. The axis is 90 degrees
perpendicular to the plane of the motion.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(Wikipedia - Rotation
22:17, 26 November 2008 67.131.20.93 (Talk) (9,359 bytes) (→Physics) (undo))
2. A Rotation is a progressive radial orientation to a common point that lay
within the axis of any given rotation.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(Wikipedia - Rotation
22:16, 26 November 2008 67.131.20.93 (Talk) (9,355 bytes) (→Physics) (undo))
A Rotation is a progressive Radial orientation to a common point that lay
within the axis of any given rotation.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(Wikipedia - Rotation
19:46, 26 November 2008 Res2216firestar (Talk | contribs) m (9,241 bytes)
(Reverted edits by 216.73.68.160 to last version by 67.237.112.51 (HG)) (undo))
All rigid body movements are rotations, translations, or combinations of the
two.
If a rotation around a point or axis is followed by a second rotation around
the same point/axis, a third rotation results. The reverse (inverse) of a
rotation is also a rotation. Thus, the rotations around a point/axis form a
group. However, a rotation around a point or axis and a rotation around a
different point/axis may result in something other than a rotation, e.g. a
translation.(Note absence of 'definition' here).
Rotations around the x, y and z axes are called principal rotations. Rotation
around any axis can be performed by taking a ...
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Can anyone doubt that the editor is none other than our very own Allen Daves?
(The origins certainly point to the right part of the globe).

Now as I said above, Wikipedia is readily editable. There is nothing
intrinsically wrong with editing articles on Wikipedia. However, when in the
midst of a debate on this very subject, and within hours of being confronted
with the claim that a particular definition is not found outside the somewhat
claustrophobic confines of this forum we find five edits of a Wikipedia article
on 'Rotation', the suspicion that a deliberate attempt to 'rig the results', to
'move the goal posts', to 'falsify evidence' is difficult to escape. It's just
not cricket sir!

The definition when Googled, is now found at both
www.freelists.org/archives/geocentrism and Wikipedia. I wonder how long that
will last?

Paul D

      Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter now
http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/?p1=other&p2=au&p3=tagline