[geocentrism] Re: Moon Rotation

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 08:55:36 +1000

Paul, I have been thinking more on a practical demo for this rotation model for
the moon. I know Allen calls it imagination, but then that is what all text
books are, but the graphical representation of imagined theory of operation. I
know this is basic to you, but with all the complicated mumbo jumbo being
floated, I need to make it clearer for the layman , who must be absolutely
confused by now.

Some base principles..  are in order .''  Keep in mind this is standard physics
as demonstratable in any lab..  It does not include my exotic theories on the
aether or concern itself with explaining geocentrism, which must fit with
observable/measurable facts anyway

1.    A body rotates around its centre of gravity. Where that is can only be
presumed based upon calculation which accepts the constituents distribution of
the mass of the body. It can be confirmed by actual observations of
perturbations of orbits.  A fairly accurate science as astronomical predictions
often prove. Pretty good considering nobody but Jules has been to the centre of
the earth to see what it is made of.

2.  The rotation of the body is a motion experienced by the mass itself, and
the magnitude of the effects of this rotation , ie the centripetal/centrifugal
forces it experiences , is independent of any other object or observation. ie
if there is no rotation there is no centripetal force.

3.  At normal speeds.    As a body moves in any direction, its motion does not
alter the position of its centre of gravity..  therefore it must be accepted
that any rotation around this centre of gravity is un perturbed by any motion
of the body. i.e. the centripetal/centrifugal forces, remain unchanged . (this
centrifugal force is the only indicator of real rotation, as observation with
our eyes can be an illusion) .

4.    From 3, it must be deduced that if a spherical body is set in motion
around its axis through its centre of gravity, and kept in motion at exactly
the same force, and rpm,  and is then moved in an orbital path around a central
point, it will continue to exhibit the same centrifugal forces due to initial
rpm imparted to it.  Now the moon needs no motor, as there is negligible
friction to slow it down.

5.    Further, if the orbital period just happened to be the same number as the
rotational speed of the Sphere,  then this coincidence will cause the sphere to
present the same face to the centre of the orbit. This is a true mechanical
representation .. There is no need for a primary planet if the motions are
controlled on a bench top model .. In the case of the moon, it is a
coincidence, ( God Planned) but in our experiment we can plan it to be that
way.

6.    But most assuredly, the centrifugal forces due to these rpm of the sphere
will remain measurable and be exactly the same as they were when the sphere was
revolving stationary before it was set in any motion.

Keeping those basics in mind we now need to make a turntable , a record player
is fine. Next we  need a speherical mass like a marble that is vertically
attached to a "frictionless " shaft through its central axis at the periphery
of the turntable. Mark the marble so that any spin can be observed.

Turn the turntable slowly..  You will see that the marble will not turn , but
keep its face pointed in the direction it had at the beginning..  Of course the
shaft friction will eventually effect this experiment.   but the effect is
proven . the marble will not rotate, and it will not present the same face to
the centre as the turntable turns.

This is not imagination I have done the experiment another way and proved it..
As can anyone interested. Hold a glass of water close to your chest . On the
surface of the water is a floating toothpick pointing at you , just to let you
see what happens to the water .. The friction between the water and the glass
is negligible.

Now turn yourself slowly a full circle if you want.. doesn't matter. You will
see that the water will not rotate in the glass , and the tooth pick will keep
its orientation..It will not keep pointing at you.

In fact it is difficult to make the water spin this way.

Now this tells you something else. I have long ago considered the forces
involved here.

Let us seize up the bearing in the marble with glue, so that it cannot keep its
orientation. When you now turn the turntable, the marble will present the same
face to the centre..  But what else?  Can you not see the force being made to
break the glue on the bearing, as the marbles inertia tries to keep its
original orientation? Extra work is actually being done on the turntable to
force the marble to spin.

Now I will leave you all with a little thought experiment, which just occurred
to me and which I havn't considered yet.

How does relativity effect rotations..  keeping in mind the centrifugal forces
mentioned above.

Let us put the marble on the same central shaft of the turntable and spin them
up to 100 rpm.

The turntable will have a centrifugal force.. and the marble also will have its
own centrifugal force due to its own mass.

Now free up the marbles shaft and spin it in the opposite direction at exactly
the same 100rpm.

Will the marble appear stationary to us? Will its centrifugal force be any
different?

I think I got it already.... But then put the marble back on the periphery, and
spin it up again in the opposite direction....