[geocentrism] Re: Malleus Maleficarum

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:21:41 +1000

I was saddened and more than a little surprised by the
apparent complicity on this forum regarding a genocide
perpetrated in the past "in God's name," where between
50,000 and 2,000,000 women were murdered as being
"witches."

I do not see it as really sad..  Horrible and frightening perhaps but not sad..
 these convicted souls, guilty or not, had every opportunity of making peace
with God before they died and perhaps went to their reward.. Not all of us get
such an opportunity, knowing not when the reaper calls.  If they didn't make
peace with God, then they went to hell, where God obviously judged they ought
to be. And the pain of the execution was incomparable and as of nothing to what
they are now suffering.

An interesting case is that of Joan. Here English Catholic clerics sentenced
her, English lawmen burnt her. French Catholic clerics had her declared a
saint, and today even Englishmen invoke her to pray for them. A mix of politics
and religious confusion. Yet from Gods perspective, He does not see it as
horrible or frightening.. I mean He designed Hell. Joan probably died of the
smoke before she burned.  there is no such mercy in the fires of Hell..