[geocentrism] Re: Magnitude of scale

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 19:55:20 -0800 (PST)

Well, Phil so as to ease your concerns about terminology and such?...We make
the argument using MS definition of "rotation" about the annual axis in the
same way that MS uses it to define the nightly "rotation"... thus we use apples
with apples and oranges with oranges no matter how you feel about "rotation" or
how you wish to define it..:-)..This is the central key point of consistency
that is the whole point....the annual motion does the exact same thing that
causes the nightly star trails. It is the same "rotation" as the nightly, thus
the annual must have the same cause- effect relationship to star trails that
the nightly does.. if MS?s position is to be consistent , then since the
nightly creates star trails then the annual must also ..why? ..because no
matter how you define "rotation" the annual does the same thing as the nightly
which is the only source for any star trails ?...as such, since there is no
annual star trails, there can be no similar annual "rotational"
 motion either.....
  You see we use MS's own constructs to defeat them ....beautiful isn?t it?

philip madsen <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:          Wrong! Philip ...

  Well I cannot argue with the infallible Allen..who cannot be wrong ever..

  However on this word alone there is confusion in every dictionary and even
Wiki concerning the use of revolving, rotating, spinning orbiting gyrating. et
al..  Wiki warns of it..  confusion by the interchangeability of this word..
yet they did not repair the damage. I do so by insisting orbiting is NOT
rotating ..  maybe it can be, sometimes, but it is not always.

  Exercise :  Can an object orbit and not rotate? Where is the point of zero
rotation between a clockwise orbiting body which is rotating clockwise, and the
same clockwise orbiting body rotating anticlockwise, and all the points in
between. ..  ???  think think

  How many rotations does the moon have ? multiple choice.

  a.    none.
  b.    one.
  c.    two
  d.    three
  e.    other.

  my scientific definitions explained. Kind of..

  An object rotates on its own centre. a gyration.  It revolves around the
centre

  An object orbits around another centre.  not a gyration.  It revolves around
that centre.

  Philip.

  revolve  verb [I or T]
to move or cause something to move round a central point or line:
orbit  the curved path through which objects in space move around a centre.

  rotate  verb
1 [I or T] to (cause to) turn in a circle, especially around a fixed point:
spinning
The earth rotates daily.

  gyrate  1 to turn around and around on a fixed point,