[geocentrism] Knockout for allen

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:34:32 +1000

You have gotten it wrong Allen..  even if it was due to my own confused state
at the time, which I cleared up later. Take this single part of yours below as
an example of our combined error which Neville also corrected.

PM asked :  Does the view of the rotation of that star vary proportionally with
the radius of  rotation of the observer..

Allen  1. that is exactly what the astronomer told you....

astronomer:
Quite simple. The earth is tilted at that part of the sky. The tilt is
maintained toward that part of the sky throughout the orbit around the sun, and
so the star always appears in the same spot."

..that astronomer probably misunderstood my question or I did. We were
confusing angle to the horizon with angle of observation .  old subject.

look carefully at the above.. as selected here

this question,
Does the view of the rotation of that star vary proportionally with the radius
of  rotation of the observer..
got this answer,
Quite simple. The earth is tilted at that part of the sky. The tilt is
maintained toward that part of the sky throughout the orbit around the sun, and
so the star always appears in the same spot."

Which is as Neville said, a big NO  NO.

The answer is, "no." The stars are so far away in the heliocentric idea that
the difference in radius between R and 1AU is negligible (manifesting itself
only in tiny parallax and slightly elliptical trails as opposed to circular
trails).

The rest of your post is irrelevant. The point has been resolved.

Philip