[geocentrism] Just a brief word

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 16:16:42 -0800

Robert and Paul,

Your debate has caused me to don my moderator hat.

Paul complains that, " Finally, in closing, I believe that we are debating. I suggest that failing to address me by name and when referring to me, this constant use of the third person is a long, way short of polite. If you are not debating with me, then this tactic is akin to the practice of whispering in company, which practice I was brought up to regard as displaying common rudeness."

I have to say that I consider this complaint justified, although I think that there have been rash exchanges made by both of you.

I have decided to intervene now, before things degenerate further, since other forum members have felt the need to comment.

You have both contributed a great deal to this discussion forum, to the benefit of all of us. Please, therefore, make an effort to resume your debate on a more respectful footing.

No one here knows everything. We are talking and listening and exchanging ideas and information. If our position is sound, it will stand up when questioned, if not, it will fall down. Let's take pride (and all three of us has been guilty of that at one stage or another) to one side and try a little harder, please.

Sincerely,

Neville.

Get Free 5GB Email – Check out spam free email with many cool features!
Visit http://www.inbox.com/email to find out more!