[geocentrism] Re: Is geocentrism supported by facts (Supplementary)

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 18:23:19 +0000 (GMT)

J A
Concerning your post Re: Is geocentrism supported by facts? (Supplementary)
From j a Wed Oct 31 16:08:31 2007 which contained your stunning drawing
Drawing1.bmp.
In my response, I did not actually endorse the concepts you depicted. I have
pondered this as I tossed and turned trying to get to sleep on several nights.
Last night I had a Damascus moment. This is now the second time I must report
100% agreement with one of your depictions. (Note to Philip M -- Quick -- grab
hold of something solid!)
Since the debate rages on unabated, and in truth I find your later posts
including multiple illustrations rather difficult to follow, it is clear -- if
that were not already abundantly demonstrated -- that this is a difficult
concept to visualise. In the the hope that it might help others, let me explain
the imagery which helped me to personally grasp your concept.
First I take a circular piece of stout plywood perhaps three metres in diameter
mounted at its centre on the shaft of a motor drive and placed orthogonal to my
line of sight.
Next, I take a four bladed fan and embed a small light in each blade -- the
first on the periphery, the second one quarter of the radius inwards, the third
two quarters and the fourth three quarters (about the edge of the hub) and I
mount it on the plywood disk at the nine o'clock position near its edge such
that its plane of rotation is parallel to the plywood disk. This means that a
line joining the centres of the disk and the fan will be horizontal and at eye
level.
I now place a video camera which has a rectangular format in the ratio 2:1 at
eye level perhaps 10 metres from the plywood disk with its Z axis orthogonal to
the centre of the fan. The video camera is placed on a mounting arrangement
which allows it to be rotated about its Z axis. Thus placed, the centre of the
fan will occupy the centre of the video camera frame.
I now sit in front of the video camera monitor and switch the fan on. On the
monitor I will see four concentric circles of light centred on the centre of
the frame.
Next, I switch the fan off and the video camera mount motor on. The view on the
monitor will be identical to the previous view thus it doesn't matter which
rotates -- the fan or the video camera -- the view does not change providing
only that the Z axis of the camera is aligned with the centre of the rotating
fan. Switch off the camera rotator motor.
In the attached illustration "SevenViews.png" these two descriptions are shown
as Views 1 and 2.
Now, without changing the video camera's position, I change its Z axis such
that it points at the centre of the plywood disk. In so doing, the location of
the fan on the monitor changes to the centre of the left half of the frame. I
switch the fan on again and see that the picture of four concentric circles of
light is again displayed (Note to Allen D -- Yes I know they will actually be
ellipses but we will ignore this trivial imperfection!) but the image will be
in the centre of the left half of the frame.
This is shown as View 3.
Switch the fan off and the camera rotator motor on. The picture changes! I now
see on the monitor four large concentric circles close together -- maximum
distance from inner to outer about three quarters of the diameter of the fan --
but the group of four making the large circles about one half of the frame in
diameter and passing through the centre of each half of the frame. In fact,
some of these larger circles will fall outside the camera's field of view but
this does not alter the picture (no pun intended).
Switch the camera rotator motor off and the plywood disk motor on. The image on
the monitor will again be unchanged from the previous test because as before,
the camera Z axis is aligned with the centre of rotation.
This is shown as Views 4 and 5.
Now for the finale! Leaving the camera aligned with the centre of the plywood
disk, and the disk still rotating, turn the fan on. Barring any harmonic
relationships, the view will be as per the previous, but now there will be a
band of light of the width of the small circles replacing the four separate
large circles. And here's the clincher -- if the disk motor is turned off and
the camera rotated instead, the picture will not change.
This is shown as Views 6 and 7.
So if you think about this, you'll see that the view will not change regardless
of whether it is the Earth or the stars which rotate and both nightly and
yearly rotation about the geographical polar axis and the ecliptic axis
respectively will be seen.
Paul D

National Bingo Night. Play along for the chance to win $10,000 every week.
Download your gamecard now at Yahoo!7 TV.
http://au.blogs.yahoo.com/national-bingo-night/