[geocentrism] Re: Is geocentrism supported by facts? (Supplementary)

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:48:56 -0700 (PDT)

LOL...Yes, i supose so........Polaris circle is in ths same spot every night
and there is no larger cirle in the sky from polaris

j a <ja_777_aj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Thank you, I was beginning to think the
secret science police had intercepted it. That's funny, "waining for over an
hour", if you had been "waxing for over an hour" would you have been gaining
alertness or getting less bored? or do I have the concepts backwards? ;-)

  Does anybody know whether or not the small nightly circle of polaris is in
roughly the same spot every night or does it follow a larger circle around the
sky?

Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Ja,

  Very nice drawing indeed!...I just now got it...I have been waining for over
a hour now for this mystery drawing everyone was refereing to.....:)

j a <ja_777_aj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Paul,

  Glad to hear it's not long forgotten. Take your time, your choice of
discussing the axioms involved in formulating one's mindset torwards creation
or evolution was great idea.

  Everyone,

  Attached is a drawing illustraiting my understanding of what we should see
produced in star trails from the nightly and annual axis of rotation. Since the
baseline (distance from observer to axis of rotation) is so small compared the
distance to the stars, I have basically made it zero length, in order to get
the drawing somewhat to scale. I added a star A to the drawing to help my
imagination, it could be any star that would be very close to the annual axis
of rotation. Finally I made what it should look like if you took 24 nightly
star trail pictures (spaced semi-monthly) and superimposed them on a single
annual star trail. enough nightly star trails superimposed together should form
the outline of the annual.

  Your comments please. I want to make sure I understand this and do not have
something basic wrong.

  JA...

Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  JA
Yes old man, you are so right!
  You will be pleased to know (I just know you'll be pleased to know!) that I
have put in some effort -- two or three nights at least -- but as you can see
we are caught up in a maelstrom at the moment and -- to mix a metaphor --  if I
let go of the tail now I will be left far behind.
  It is proving difficult for me to get it all together (the evolution paradigm
thing) I just don't seem to be able to take reasonably complex philosophical
concepts and reduce them to a single term for evaluation purposes any more but
I have not forgotten and will get back to it with any luck at all.
  I've extracted this from your post --
      It has been stated that this annual star trail does not exist. Has anyone
recorded an annual star trail??? I want to see the picture! If we superimposed
2 nightly star trail photos from 6 months apart (erase all circles except
polaris for simplicity) we should see the center of the two nightly circles of
polaris ~23 degrees apart, if they are not, then we have our proof positive of
the falsity of A-centrism.

  No -- I'm afraid that won't work. You are confusing parallax with the effects
of differing axes of rotation. Don't feel too bad though, there has been
confusion enough for all to get a share. I'm hoping my last two posts may help
clear things up.

http://mail.yahoo.com