[geocentrism] Re: Is geocentrism supported by facts? (Supplementary)

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:21:14 +0000 (GMT)

Greetings All
There are now so many inputs to this argument, so many inadequately defined
concepts embellished with irrelevancies, inaccuracies, misunderstandings and
untruths, that to codify them all and address them all, would be a major task
not really addressable in one overnight session at the keyboard and certainly
not by me.The one thing that has been determined unequivocally is that it is
not easy to visualise three dimensional space populated by moving bodies,
especially if you have a strong mindset in some particular direction. We need
to restate the case in simple terms.
I had a flash when reading this post in the same session with 28 others and it
is the combination of three separate items. The first was the Elmendorf drawing
which I have used here with modifications; the second was Neville's comment
which I've highlighted below: and the third was Philip's comment which I have
cut and pasted here ...Only if the earth could be stopped rotating for a year...
Refer please to the attached illustration. The top of the drawing -- Fig 1 --
is the original with additions in red.
Explanation. When Neville says "Rotate the paper through 23.5 degrees..." it
struck me how to explain what I have been trying to get through to you guys off
and on now for 18 months -- when you rotate the paper, you also rotate the
poles! If you want to record annual rotation about the ecliptic axis, you need
to rotate (through 23.5 degrees) the axis of rotation only (as shown in Fig 2)
and leave the universe where it is.
Next problem, the rotation of the Earth is clouding the issue, so Philip,
cutting through the Gordian Knot, simply stops the Earth rotating. With that
out of the way, we can now concentrate on the revolution (vs rotation) about
the ecliptic axis. Well we can't actually stop the rotation altogether or there
will be no star trails -- we still need that one rotation per revolution (
which is the difference between solar days and sidereal days).
Now if we take one exposure per day, then who can doubt that at the end of one
year we will have a photograph with circles -- one per star -- each consisting
of 365 dots.
Paul D