[geocentrism] Re: Is geocentrism supported by facts?

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:28:05 -0800

Philip,

I was annoyed with what I perceived to be a flippant dismissal of the whole idea on your part. If you did not intend to convey that to the rest, then fair enough, but without comprehension of the point it cannot simply be supported or discarded at whim. I therefore appreciate the questions you ask below.

For those of you with Geocentric Universe 3.0 (which is being displayed behind me in the video lecture "Video presentation 1") the motions of the heavens at your particular location is explained by something we called a "Night Horizon". Basically the stars go around each (sidereal) day as if they were simply attached to the inner surface of some great sphere (the "celestial sphere"). Since the Zodiac constellations are composed of nothing but stars, then these constellations go around in exactly the same manner. What varies from night to night is which section of your particular celestial hemisphere you can see, since the Sun is constantly changing its rising/setting times, and you can't see the stars when the Sun is in the sky.

(For those of you with GU 3.0 please view the "Night Horizon" guided tour talk if you do not follow this.)

Neville
www.GeocentricUniverse.com