[geocentrism] Re: Hello, group.

  • From: "Gary Shelton" <garylshelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 19:30:05 -0600

Cheryl,

You need a good dose of Bad Astronomy.  The folks there will gladly clarify
any relative motion questions you have.  But I suggest you browse through a
couple of topics that I participated in last year.  You will notice I
thought like yourself in the beginning.

The first is a topic that I actually started, unbelievable as that seems to
me now....

"Relative Motion Falls Apart When applied to Planes"
http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=16726&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The next is a topic begun by a devout acentrist athiest named Maksutov.

"Thinking about geocentrism"
http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=350240&highlight=#350240

I did not agree with these people but I could not counter their superior
academic arguments.  Still, it was interesting taking the battle to "their
turf".  I personally believe that they made some good points and we need to
be able to answer all of them, just as the creationists have a counter to
every single evolution premise put forward.

Sincerely,

Gary Shelton