[geocentrism] Re: Gravity and Aether

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:26:53 +1000

second response  Robert said:

a.       It is non-material. i.e. [has no physical properties normally expected
of matter.]

Over the top, I think. The aether will only be observable to us by its effects
on matter (and radiation/light) .  Analogs are ways of building knowledge
bridges between the known and unknown.  Ruling out properties of matter that
are equal to or similar to matter - like density, compressibility, viscosity -
is a bit premature.

Won't you please reconsider, Philip?

response:  I have elsewhere acknowledged analogy, and analogical properties
like density etc..  but we cannot say an immaterial entity has the same
properties exactly, which the word "normally"  was meant to say..  You are
welcome to rephrase it..  Phil