[geocentrism] Re: Geosynchronous/Geostationary satellites

  • From: "Robert Bennett" <robert.bennett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 00:19:36 -0400

Neil,

Thank you for the detailed explanation of geostationary orbit
implementation. You must have been, or are, a teacher, for your patience and
clarity are evident.

I now have an answer for those who say rocket launches are towards the east,
to take advantage of the Earth's rotation.

No such thing. The rocket is first launched vertically to save fuel by
minimizing air friction, as you say.....
then, a small correction to your scenario...

The rocket heads east downrange, because to balance its weight against the
Machian rotation of the firmament(E to W) requires an opposing W to E
direction.  Once at an altitude where the attracting gravitational
acceleration of the earth matches the expanding inertial acceleration of the
universe, a geostatic orbit will be achieved.

Inserting this minor change in your letter, you can now answer "YES!" to
Gary's last question.

Pax Christi,

Robert