[geocentrism] Re: Geosynchronous satellites paper

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:22:10 +0200 (CEST)

Robert B
I find maths tedious if I already know the answer so I have not seriously waded
through your post From Robert Bennett Tue Jul 17 03:31:26 2007, but thanks for
rejoining the issue anyway. Instead, I Googled 'Holmann transfer orbit' (you
did offer it as a viable alternative) and got 40000+ hits. Top of the list --
wikipedia! (If you don't like this one, I'm sure the next one will give the
same answer, and the next, and the next ... ). The site gives all the equations
necessary to understand the problem, several of which you have already quoted
to me, but they come to a decision opposite from yours and in line with mine.
Here's a teaser.
(Extract from ... )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohmann_transfer_orbit
Explanation
The Hohmann transfer orbit is one half of an elliptic orbit that touches both
the orbit that one wishes to leave (labeled 1 on diagram) and the orbit that
one wishes to reach (3 on diagram). The transfer (2 on diagram) is initiated by
firing the spacecraft's engine in order to accelerate it so that it will follow
the elliptical orbit; this adds energy to the spacecraft's orbit. When the
spacecraft has reached its destination orbit, its orbital speed (i.e., orbital
energy) must be increased again in order to make its new orbit circular; the
engine is fired again to accelerate it to the required velocity.
(Plus attached illustration).
(Emphasis added).
Capitulate yet?
Paul D
PS I don't know if Philip M would be impressed with being lumped in with me as
a Devil's Advocate.
PPS I thought your quoted article on global warming a reasonable view.

 Yahoo!7 Mail has just got even bigger and better with unlimited storage on all
webmail accounts.