[geocentrism] Re: GU 3.0 et al

  • From: Steven Jones <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:57:47 +0100

The update was stripped out by freelists, so I've uploaded it to some personal webspace here: www.midclyth.supanet.com/Update.zip

Steven

Steven Jones wrote:
Paul Deema wrote: Stephen, do you have any word yet on the 'chaos' which results from a non Earth non Sun centred system but which is not evident in non Sun centred heliocentric systems such as portrayed with Solex85 with say Mars as the centre?

Good question Paul, please allow me a little more time to think about this because I realized something today that may be of significance regarding the flower pattern.

Thanks for exploring the model, sounds like interesting stuff your doing, but in the meantime I’ve attached a small update to GU 3.0 To install, simply copy the files contained in the zip archive into the GU installation folder replacing if necessary. Nothing sensational, but it will update your version to the latest of that line of code (3.0.0.3). A new feature is the “Presets” function available on the file menu, from there choose “Flower Pattern” to instantly create possibly what you described. Non-model owner, sorry, this update will only run on an existing installation of the planetarium.

The legacy 2.0 series of the model is currently in my opinion the best program in the world for describing the flower pattern. Do you have a copy? But 4.0 will rectify this, describing something sensational I hope. I’m trying to reduce the hardware requirements, but it’s not easy with the limited resources we have.

Just before I go, you can set the movement increment between 1 and 10 if you’ve got an older computer. Do this from the date and time dialog, once you’ve selected sidereal drag the slider say to go 10 sidereal days at a time. This will enable you to trace out a (rougher) path in less time and give you some idea. And it should be noted that the path drawn on Mars is currently incorrect (even in the update attached).

That’s it for now, happy exploring. There are a couple of bug fixes too, which should illuminate the “Illegal Operation” (Microsoft jargon) or GPF as it always used to be called crashes.

Best wishes,

Steven.