[geocentrism] Re: Fw: dogs being skinned alive!

  • From: Wayne <mtwaynew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:23:41 -0600

Proverbs 12:10
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal, but even the compassion
of the wicked is cruel.

Perhaps the above proverb has found an application in the animal skinning
concept below.  Or perhaps
not...

Genesis 1:26, 28

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and
let them rule over the fish
of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the
earth, and over every creeping
thing that creeps upon the earth.

And God blessed them and muiltiplied them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful
and multiply and fill the earth,
and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky,
and over every living thing
that moves on the earth"

and after the flood, behold:

Genesis 9:1

And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, "Be fruitiful and muiltply,
and fill the earth.

And the fear of you and the terror of you shall be on every beast of the earth
and on every bird of the sky;
with everything that creeps on the ground, and all the fish of the sea, into
your hand they are given.

Every moving thing that is alive shall be for you; I give all to you, as I gave
the green plant."

Now don't misunderstand me, I'm not apologizing for wicked folks that take
sadistic pleasure in being cruel to
animals for the sake of sport and fun, no sir!  (i refer you to the above
proverb)

But what I am getting at is this:  animals were made for man, not the other way
around.  They have been given
to us for food and clothing.  In case you think something is wrong with the
clothing part, I refer you to our
ancestors Adam and Eve:

Genesis 3:21

And the LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife, and clothed them.

Where do you think God got those "garments of skin" from?  (in the hebrew the
word implies 'hide, leather, skin')
An animal of course.  Isn't it interesting that God apparantly had to kill an
animal to "cover their nakedness"...

and immediately after that you see the descendents of Adam and Eve offering up
animal sacirifces
throughout the rest of the Old Testament to "cover their sin"?   hmm...
interesting indeed...
It may look "righteous" in this post-modern western world to get all bent out
of shape over causes like "Animal Cruelty" or
"Save the New Zealand sea otters" etc. etc.

But the reality is God gave man dominion over these creatures.  the video on
that link shows a gentlemen bashing the head of
"a goat"??? (i wasn't sure) and then proceeding to skin it.  Now I didn't see
any evidence that this man was getting some
sort of sadistic enjoyment out of his labors.  I'm sure his livelihood and the
livelihood of his wife and children at home depend
on the work he does.  I'm sure it puts food in their stomachs and a roof over
their heads (not to mention clothes on
their back )

I'm sure entire local economies, thousands, potentially millions, of people
around the world depend on these types of labors to
feed their loved ones.  I'm not going to take away their right to feed
themselves, simply because they don't have the means to
attend a "University" and get bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or
whatever.

I think this sort of activism is a great example of something that "has the
appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and
self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but is of no value against
fleshly indulgence."  Colossians 3:23

What about the slaughter of millions of Iraqis, and Kosovo Serbs, and African
children, and on...and on... and on..

What about the "sons of men" running around each staking a claim to their own
version of "truth" and "righteousness"
and leading the masses astray with their false understandings and wisdom?  This
is a insanely wicked world no doubt,
but I think that a Pakistani butcher is the least of our problems.

cheers...

wayne

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:00:53 -0800From: njones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[geocentrism] Fw: dogs being skinned alive!To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept ofanimals.
Remote from universal nature, and living by complicatedartifice, man in
civilization surveys the creatures through the glassof his knowledge and sees
thereby a feather magnified and the wholeimage in distortion. We patronize them
for their incompleteness, fortheir tragic fate of having taken form so far
below ourselves. Andtherein we err, and greatly err. For the animal shall not
bemeasured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they
movefinished and complete gifted with extensions of the senses we have lostor
never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are notbrethren;
they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught withourselves in the
net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendorand travail of the
earth". - [The Outermost House] - Henry Beston
Message: Please sign the petition brought up by the link to stop the
barbaricpractice of skinning animals alive but PLEASE do not watch the
videohttp://www.animalsaviors.org/
See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your
life.