[geocentrism] Re: Evolution

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:57:09 +0000 (GMT)

Martin S
It is clear that I will never grasp the fundamentals of what supports your
argument and thus I can not credibly refute it. I simply remain bouyed by the
articles and docos I see from the overwhelming majority of scientists who
disagree with the ID position. I would be instantly interested however should
any part of this position change.
You see, this problem of 'how did it come about?' is not new. Man has set
himself many difficult tasks and succeeded in areas where the prevailing view
was 'Man will never understand. God did it -- don't worry about it!' But Man
does worry about it and with every success, 'God of the Gaps' loses ground. I
don't see this process slowing.
For myself however, I don't see continuation of this debate achieving anything
useful. Which is pretty much what my attitude was at the beginning. I will not
pursue it further unless directly requested to do so.
An allied point occurs to me however. We've heard many complaints here that the
secular peer reviewed learned journals will not publish certain types of
article. Well what is wrong with the the non secular people publishing their
own peer reviewed learned journal? 'Science' and 'Nature' have already been
copywrited, but surely a similarly conservative inspiring name can be created.
Alternatively, 'Creation', AiG's 'Technical Journal' and 'Journal of Creation'
could be patronised. Just a thought.
Again, I appreciate the efforts you have made to instruct me.