[geocentrism] Re: Evolution

  • From: "Jack Lewis" <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:06:26 +0100

Dear Paul,
I'm typing this in a 12pt font and yours appears to be in 10pt font. and I find
it very difficult to read. May I suggest you go up a size for clarity.
I predicted when we started these discussions that talking to evolutionists is
almost always a waste of time because they hedge-hop from one difficult area to
another. In the same way, to try and convince me there is no God, would a waste
of your time, it attacks our respective world views. Regarding the five
questions I wanted you to give me something concrete that I could read. I am
not about to troll through the internet on your recommendation. I need
something I can read in one of your e-mails. You will need to provide me with
your evidence. I know its called spoon-feeding but that is what I have been
doing with you.
  First point.   You're correct -- I cannot see the connection between
Copernicus and Darwin.

  I'm astonished that you couldn't make the connection for yourself and felt it
necessary to tell me something I already knew! What's more you knew I knew.
Therefore I'll indulge you in the hope this will explain your above comment. If
there were no Copernicus there would be no heliocentrism ergo if the world is
at the centre of everything this would imply a Creator which in turn would
bomb-out Darwin and his theory. This is the connection whether you see it not
or agree with it or not.

  Second point.   This would convince me too. And I do not think that you can
produce one convincing example. In respect of which you simply stated BTW real
birds were found in a strata millions of years before Archy. This then is an
out of sequence fossil. Every time an O.O.S.F is found the evolutionists move
the a few goalposts. References? (I did say convincing!)

  Try Googling 'Protoavis'.

  Third point.   An example of an unrelated and apparently pointless question.
If you saw a set of footprints going across some sand, what would it tell you?
I'll answer yours if you answer mine.

  Once again Paul I'm astonished that you couldn't see the point I was making!
  If you saw a set of footprints you would know, because you are intelligent,
that they were made by someone even though you couldn't see the person who made
them. If you found a very uncomplicated plastic bucket and spade on a beach,
you would know, because you are intelligent, that they didn't just appear out
of nothing, some kid, who you can't see, probably left them there. However if
you found a DELL computer on the beach, which is  much more complicated than a
bucket and spade, you would still, because you are intelligent, know that it
couldn't have appeared bit-by-bit by itself, someone, who you can't see, must
have put it there. If you walked a little bit further and found a tiny little
crab, which is far-far-more complicated than a computer, because you are
intelligent, you would assume that someone put it there or at least made it.
Does this answer my 'pointless' question?

  Fourth point.   This is actually an interesting exercise. Can you give me an
example of what would convince you of the non existence of God and an example
of what would convince you of the truth of evolution? For my part, I would have
to give an example which would convince me of the existence of God and an
example of the falsity of evolution. Put simply, how can each of our positions
be falsified? Are you up for it or not?
  Evolution cannot be falsified and neither can a creationism, because we are
not talking about science. If a rabbit fossil were found in the Cambrian do you
really believe that evolutionists would capitulate to creationists? Of course
they wouldn't they would simply do what they always do, when faced with a
difficulty, simply would move their goalposts - so forget that line of argument.

  Regarding the existence or non-existence of God has been adequately answered
above - to be precise so there is no misunderstanding, my second from last
paragraph.

  Finally let me say that my belief in God does not depend on fossils or any
other kind of evidence, they merely reinforce it.

  Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. Get it
now.