[geocentrism] Re: Evolution

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 15:41:31 +0000 (GMT)

Jack L
I've made an effort to engage with you on this subject despite my stated
misgivings, answering all of those questions you've asked which appear to be
non rhetorical. I've described my thinking on these matters at length and
provided you with references to support my thinking. For your part you have
largely ignored my questions, failed to comment on my references and simply
posed more questions. So if you want to continue this debate, I'll pause to
allow you to correct these omissions from just my last post and your response.
To remind you of those matters which you have simply ignored, here they are
again -
First point.   You're correct -- I cannot see the connection between Copernicus
and Darwin. That after all is why I asked you what connection you see. To state
the obvious Jack, Copernicus was concerned with what body orbited another body
-- a matter of physics; although to be sure, Copernicus did not understand
this, as Newton was still in the future, but before you can seek an explanation
for how things work, you need to know what it is that you need an explanation
for. Darwin on the other hand was concerned with life. He sought to explain why
things were as he observed -- more a parallel with Newton than Copernicus, but
still only an analogy. Their areas of concern are simply not even remotely
connected. OK, they both breathed air, but you and I breathe air -- that does
not make us joined at the hip. And I could of course mention many other things
which connect us but they also would be trivial. So if you are still convinced
they were Siamese twins,
 you will have to explain it to me.
Second point.   This would convince me too. And I do not think that you can
produce one convincing example. In respect of which you simply stated BTW real
birds were found in a strata millions of years before Archy. This then is an
out of sequence fossil. Every time an O.O.S.F is found the evolutionists move
the a few goalposts. References? (I did say convincing!)
Third point.   An example of an unrelated and apparently pointless question. If
you saw a set of footprints going across some sand, what would it tell you?
I'll answer yours if you answer mine.
Fourth point.   This is actually an interesting exercise. Can you give me an
example of what would convince you of the non existence of God and an example
of what would convince you of the truth of evolution? For my part, I would have
to give an example which would convince me of the existence of God and an
example of the falsity of evolution. Put simply, how can each of our positions
be falsified? Are you up for it or not?