[geocentrism] Re: Evolution

  • From: j a <ja_777_aj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:55:00 -0700 (PDT)

Paul,

  I'll be attempting to comment on your article tonight (i've made some notes
already), but for now I have a comment or two on the rest of this email.

  Paul: Well we have two possibilities in life I think. You can run around in
circles beating your breast in frustration at there being no way to know what
is the truth thus achieving nothing, or you can proceed on the basis that
intelligent and knowlegeable men probably have the answer to at least this
problem, that in any event if they are wrong, events will demonstrate this and
knowledge will still be advanced.

  This is called a "statement of faith". You think there are people smart
enough to know the answer, so you have picked out who those smart people are
and you believe them and if they ever change thier minds, you will too.

  Paul: Concerning justification for deciding that evolution is the answer to
"...why we are what and where we are." Since I cannot, and neither can anyone
else at this time with certainty, know the details of abiogenesis and
evolution, including its existance or non existance, the stratification of the
fossil record is sufficient proof for me that it happened. All the attention
drawn to difficulties concerning understanding how this happenned or why this
happenned are just diversionary tactics. The fact remains that at the lowest
strata, no organisms are found. Next we again find no organisms, but we do find
the burrows these worms made. Above this we find worms which have made
carbonaceous shells as armour. In each layer we find creatures which did not
exist in lower strata, while those in lower strata may well persist in higher
strata but often do not. And so on up to the present day.

So you believe that the strata represent millions and billions of years. Since
that is enough for you to believe in evolution, If you were shown proof or
evidence that the layers were no where near that old, would you then begin to
doubt evolution?

  Evolution is not the only story which fits your description of the strata.
Would you admitt that the creation and flood story also fit (forgettiing any
other evidence or reasons for saying it ain't so)?

Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    J A
    Re:Evolution ( Excerpts in red ) From j a Mon Sep 24 18:26:54 2007
  I don't remember your definition, but I would say that defining that word in
such a way as to make discusion possible may be beyond us. But I'll try.
Transitional form: A creature which shows the partial progression between two
creatures which are extremely dissimilar, where the 3 creatures in
consideration are part of an actual evolutionary progression, such that
creature C is a descendant of B and B is a descendant of A.
  I can live with that though I have considerable reservations about ' ...
extremely dissimilar ... '. My definition was as follows -
    Re:Evolution From Paul Deema Wed Sep 19 17:51:34 2007
  You seem reluctant, so I'll propose a tentative and hurried definition of
transitional form -- "A species which exhibits characteristics of an earlier
species together with characteristics of a later species. All, some, or none
need be extant." How about taking a risk and give me your definition?
  You continue -
    Whether or not everyone on the planet (or just a majority, or just a
majority of the scientists) agrees or not has nothing to do with truth, or the
evidence and logic behind what we think to be true. It seems to me you've
agreed with this type of statement before too, but in the end you are still
using it as your justification for thinking it (evolution) to be true.
  I'm fairly sure I am on record as observing that the most profound question
ever asked was by Pilate on the steps of the presidium -
    "Truth! What is truth?"
[...]
  That these layers are chronological in order can be shown by a variety of
dating techniques only one of which is radiometric. Scientists are not
comfortable with just one indication and rejoice when second and third
different techniques give the same answer. But the primary technique springs
from the certain knowledge that in any process of precipitation -- that which
was precipitated first is at the bottom while that which is precipitated last
is at the top.
  While trawling for info today I found this site --
http://www.theory-of-evolution.net/seven-creation-paradigms-2.html. It is not a
pro-evolution site despite the name (this is often done to snare a trawler
looking for the opposite of what you are peddling) but instead is one of those
moderate sites which tries to present all the relevant data. At the end of it
all however, I think they will decide that their paradigm is the correct one --
not a point on which they need be condemned as most do the same -- but they do,
in moderate language, appear to try to present points from all angles.
  Tell me what you think.

  Paul D

  Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. Get it
now.

Don't let your dream ride pass you by.    Make it a reality with Yahoo! Autos.