[geocentrism] Re: Evolution

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:28:25 +0000 (GMT)

J A
I read all of your reference
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/does-c14-disprove-the-bible. (How
are you going with
"http://www.theory-of-evolution.net/seven-creation-paradigms-2.html";?) It is
just like all the other pages I've read on this site in that it follows a sadly
predictable formula -
Start with an innocent question from a troubled believer.
Explain the problem in simple but accurate terms.
Cast doubt on some aspect of the problem.
... might have been ... ... has not been proved ... ... there is doubt about
... etc eg -
Is the explanation of the data derived from empirical, observational science,
or an interpretation of past events (historical science)?
Are there any assumptions involved in the dating method?
Are the dates provided by 14C dating consistent with what we observe?
Do all scientists accept the 14C dating method as reliable and accurate?
(Build on this doubt until -- ta-da!)
Argument demolished!
Build alternate case based on the Bible.
Make warm fuzzy statements to reassure the reader.
(References, if not actually internal, are overwhelmingly 'friendly' ).

While reading this page, I followed a link which led me to something on AiG
about the Grand Canyon but I didn't make a note of the page. However, the crux
of it was this -
The Grand Canyon -- 277miles long, 4 - 18 miles wide, depth in places exceeds
one mile. Sediments deposited, attained sufficient strength to stand
unsupported, and Colorado river carved out the canyon -- all in one year?
Clearly evidence doesn't cut the mustard here, you need faith -- that which
allows us to believe what we know just isn't possible.
Concerning faith -- I have been wondering for quite some time about why some
have it, others don't, but the majority just have a dollar each way. There may
be a gene which predisposes us to be what we are.
Thank you for sharing your experience of personal faith but I hope you didn't
feel prodded to do so because that was certainly not my intention.